POSITION: Cyber Security Sales Engineer for an up and coming global cyber security company with a cutting-edge endpoint protection security software, soon to include server coverage as well. This position will report to the Senior Vice President of Sales and Operations. You will work in conjunction with our sales executives to present the technical aspects of our technology to customers, and will be responsible for technical, solution, and competitive aspects of the sales cycle. You will also be in charge of the sales engineering team, including managing, training, and coordinating the distribution of engineering resources among the sales team. Day to day responsibilities will include participating in sales conference calls and prospect visits, consulting with prospects and providing product demonstrations in person, planning, managing, and executing product and technical aspects of engagements, and participating in webinars, user groups, trade shows, and other industry events, and managing your team to do the same.
LOCATION: Position is located in New York City. Candidates have the ability to commute to work remotely on some days and travel to customer locations. Candidates must have a driving license, ownership of an automobile is a plus.
COMPENSATION: Expected compensation will be $175,000.00 base with bonus based on reaching sales quotas with paired SDRs and BDRs, which equals an additional 30% of base salary upon OTE. Plan will have no cap on additional bonuses after quota is met so opportunity to make significantly more with accelerators. Generous vacation and holiday plan. Eligibility for early stock options, although these are given out as discretionary bonuses.
Great healthcare plan with low out of pocket costs (company covers 85% of healthcare, 100% of eye and dental). 401k plan to participate in, no matching at this time. $1,500 coverage of continuing career related education/classes. Commuting allowance. Friendly fun work environment.
COMPANY: This is an international company with multiple offices in the United States, Europe, and Japan. North America is the most important region ready for massive growth for this company. This is a fun and fast paced growing young company, with a ground floor opportunity to the right candidate. The product is stable and mature. GA product has been sold successfully for the past 2 years +.
CULTURE: It is a very entrepreneurial culture. They are very honest and transparent. They want to be customer obsessed but are not exactly where they want to be yet. They are making their best efforts to drive it there. We work hard and play hard, with a strong emphasis on work life balance.
- You must be someone who enjoys the entrepreneurial atmosphere of a small company, and who has a relentless drive to work on new sales opportunities. You will be heavily incentivized and rewarded for those efforts.
- You must have strong sales process experience. (Must be eloquent and able to talk with C-level leaders as a peer. Senior position) Must be able to think on the fly, and adapt to changes, listen to prospect pain points, and respond with relevant solution options.
- Need someone who is really good at understanding buy signals from prospects, evaluating what is important to each individual prospect, and presenting the technology solution accordingly. Our sales philosophy is based on talking withthe customer about our solution, and not at The company has many significant, well-known reference-able customers that can be leveraged. Prospective candidate should be comfortable giving presentations and at the keyboard in a lab environment for a PoC.
Other requirements include:
- 15 years of SE experience with at least 5 years of Cyber security.
- Experience creating and running Virtual Machine demo environments
- Relevant Certifications (e.g. – CISSP, CISM, GRCP, CISA, GSEC) are a plus
- Working knowledge of Linux, Windows 7 Windows server required.
- Knowledge of Python a plus
- Working knowledge of Kali a+ with pen testing tools and frameworks
- Messaging application experience a+
- Understand the Attack kill chain
- Prior knowledge of Endpoint Security as it relates to the Attack kill chain
- In-Depth knowledge of overall security industry trends, best practices, products and solutions
We are an equal opportunity employer with a very diverse and global organization. Ideal candidates will be familiar and sensitive to other cultures. Ideal candidate should be someone that would be excited, stimulated and respectful when interacting with people in an international environment.
Note: All offers of employment and contract positions at AppGuard Inc. are contingent upon clean results of a thorough background check. Including but not limited to Reference from a previous recent manager (and a customer Senior Position)