AppGuard Inc. is looking for a highly motivated, experienced hands-on Director of Engineering to manage our growing engineering team. An ideal candidate is a strong engineering manager, resolves conflicts within the engineering department, competent in all stages of the software development life cycle, including understanding the importance of coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
As a Director of Engineering, you will be responsible for ensuring that the engineering department delivers AppGuard’s world-class malware protection products on-time. This includes strategic planning, product design, quality assurance and problem resolution. The successful candidate will also have several years of experience as a Software Engineer in one of our core technologies.
- Manage one or more development project.
- Work with the Product Management team to build and continuously refine the AppGuard product roadmap.
- Works together with Project Stake Holders, Engineering Principals and Quality Assurance to establish project scope and development schedule.
- Lead engineering department’s efforts to meet aggressive timelines.
- Prepare and refine the Engineering Budget
- Participate in design efforts.
- Screen technical resources, participate in hiring decisions.
- Mentor junior team members.
- Enforce security and coding best practices and standards, perform code reviews with the team.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Produce and review product documentation including requirements documentation and training materials.
- Experience in managing a team of engineers, resolve conflicts within the organization.
- Proven Technical Project Management Experience with strong project budget planning and resource management skills.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated success working with local & remote team members.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal & written).
- Proven track-record of recruiting, growing, and coaching engineering teams.
- Perform performance reviews for direct reports.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Management degree or equivalent.
- 8+ years of experience in leading technical teams
- Desired: Knowledge of IT security concepts, crypto algorithm, security best practices.
- Desired: Experience managing engineering teams in technology startup companies.
- 8+ years of experience in commercial software development.
- Experience with coaching/mentoring engineering teams.
- 5+ years of development experience in one of our core technologies (C++, ASP.net C#).