AppGuard Inc. is looking for a highly motivated, experienced hands-on Technical Product Manager to lead the next generation product line. As a Technical Product Manager, you will drive AppGuard’s next generation initiatives. You will become the Subject Matter Expert for our AppGuard products and will focus on delivering a highly scalable platform that enables growth of current and future products.
As a Technical Product Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring that the Engineering department delivers AppGuard’s world-class malware protection products that meet product management requirements. You will be primarily responsible for leading one or more Agile development teams while working closely with our architects, engineers, developers, and Product Management teams. The successful candidate will also have several years of experience as a Software Engineer in one or more of our core technologies.
- Work with the Product Management team to translate product requirements into functional specifications, facilitate sound design and efficiently deliver a best-in-class product experience
- Acquire product knowledge and act as a Subject Matter Expert on AppGuard products, providing guidance to stakeholders and creating a shared understanding among business and technical teams
- Work with the CTO and Development Team Leads to ensure ongoing design-engineering alignment
- Regularly refresh the software team's understanding of priorities, roadmap, progress, and technical risk
- Use Agile principles to write user stories, plan and drive the software development of features
- Understand and communicate regarding complex, technical engineering issues
- Evaluate and prioritize requirements in partnership with internal teams. Prioritize and manage the backlog for effective release and sprint planning
- Work with the product and engineering teams to understand the business problem and break it into user stories
- Facilitate requirements definition across teams to decompose and document releases, epics, functional requirements to developer-ready user stories and acceptance criteria
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- Prior experience as a Senior Software Engineer and Manager of software development teams
- 4+ years’ experience as a Product, Project, and or Quality Manager for complex software products
- Experience using Agile/Scrum/Sprint methodology including sprint planning and execution, as well as a strong understanding of software development management methods
- Experience with testing, test automation technologies, and build aspects of software development
- Product management or software development experience in the area of endpoint security products, EDR, or Threat Intelligence would be a plus
- One or more certifications in Agile methodologies would be a plus
Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
All offers of employment and contract positions at AppGuard Inc are contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check.