Chantilly, VA / Remote within USA
AppGuard Inc. is a leading company at the forefront of cybersecurity innovation, providing both turnkey and custom security solutions for personal computers, businesses, and enterprise customers. Its revolutionary new approach to security prevents breaches from threats that traditional anti-virus software is not equipped to face, including file-less malware, botnets, ransomware, phishing, drive-by-downloads, and other undetectable advanced threats.
We are looking for a highly motivated, experienced Senior User Experience Designer to lead the interface design of our next-generation product line. As a Senior User Experience Designer, you will drive AppGuard’s interface design decisions and derive insights from customers and stakeholders. You will be responsible for creating clickable interface prototypes based on evaluation results and requirements as specified by engineering and product management. You will be the authority on interface aesthetics and usability while working closely with our engineers, developers, and product management teams. The successful candidate will have several years of experience in UX/UI Design, User Research, and advanced skills with relevant design tools.
- Analyze and evaluate AppGuard Inc. products and competing products to identify opportunities to enhance user comprehension, streamline usability, and implement modern aesthetics
- Design user interface prototypes based on evaluation results and requirements as specified by engineering and product management to guide development
- Conduct usability studies and stakeholder interviews to identify innovative solutions to improve the customer experience
- Create and present detailed design mockups and graphics to director-level and C-Suite stakeholders to show progress and achieve consensus on future development
- Work with the CTO and development team leads to ensure ongoing design-engineering alignment
- Review implementation plans with software engineering counterparts and provide continual support for asset management and design direction
- Refine the UI design based on feedback from end-users and AppGuard colleagues
- Organize and manage design work within an Agile environment
- Understand and communicate regarding complex, technical engineering issues
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in UX/UI Design, Industrial Design, or Graphic Design
- Portfolio of design projects
- Prior experience in a Senior or Lead Design role
- 6+ years’ experience with digital design
- Knowledge of Adobe XD or similar wireframing and prototyping tools
- Strong design advocacy and communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Some experience using Agile/Scrum/Sprint methodology including sprint planning and execution, as well as a basic understanding of software development methods
- Some technical knowledge in the area of endpoint security products, EDR, or Threat Intelligence would be preferred
Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
All offers of employment and contract positions at AppGuard Inc. are contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check.