AppGuard is a leading company at the forefront of cybersecurity innovation, providing both turnkey and custom security solutions for personal computers, businesses, and enterprise customers. Its revolutionary new approach to security prevents breaches from threats that traditional antivirus software is not equipped to face, including fileless malware, botnets, ransomware, phishing, drive-by downloads, and other undetectable advanced threats.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for developing solutions for AppGuard’s next generation product, a critical progression for our company! You will analyze requirements and leverage your extensive software engineering knowledge and domain expertise to provide top-notch solutions. You will build a deep understanding of the strategic and tactical goals for the organization, and innovate to drive the product and company to new heights!
This is a fully remote position, with our headquarters based in Chantilly, Virginia.
- Design/architect and implement a complex, highly scalable services-oriented system
- Analyze specific and implied requirements and collaborate with other members of the team to design, build and deliver features to meet those requirements
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills by driving the team to implement complex systems to the design specifications
- Expertly apply software design patterns, practices, and architectural styles
- Write clear and detailed technical specifications from which you and your teammates will implement complex systems
- Communicate effectively with both other engineers and also product-focused employees
- Stay current on software development trends and advise on which ones, if any, AppGuard should adopt.
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years professional experience as a commercial software developer
- 5+ years of professional experience designing, developing, deploying and maintaining complex enterprise web applications
- 5+ years of professional experience developing in C#, .NET Framework, .NET Core
- 3+ years of professional experience developing on a major cloud platform (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- 3+ years developing web services, including RESTful APIs
- 3+ years of professional experience developing in Linux environment
- 3+ years of experience developing web frontends (HTML5, Node.js, Vue.js or similar)
- 2+ years of professional experience with database design (SQL, NoSQL) and data search/analysis (Elasticsearch, Apache Solr)
- 1+ years of professional experience leading offshore developers
- Expertise in the strengths and weaknesses of different application security technologies in the areas of encryption, authentication, and authorization (hash algorithms, symmetric/asymmetric key encryption, OAuth, OpenID, JWT)
- Experience designing and implementing systems with a service-oriented and/or microservice architecture
- Experience developing in Agile environments (Scrum, Kanban)
- Thorough understanding of automated testing include unit, integration, and acceptance tests and their benefits
- Experience utilizing continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Excellent technical documentation skills