AppGuard Inc. is looking for a highly motivated, experienced Vice President of Engineering to manage our diverse global engineering team. An ideal candidate is a strong engineering manager, resolves conflicts within the engineering and cross organizational units, competent in all stages of the software development life cycle, including understanding the importance of coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
As the Vice President of Engineering, you will be responsible for ensuring that the engineering department delivers AppGuard’s world-class malware protection products on-time to meet revenue goals. This includes strategic planning, product design, quality assurance and problem resolution.
- Experience in managing engineering teams, resolve conflicts within the organization and cross organizations.
- Identities key skills and capabilities needed to assess team strengths and weaknesses
- Proven track-record of recruiting, growing, and coaching engineering teams at a size of 30+ engineers
- Communicates effectively up, down, and laterally
- Demonstrated success working with local & remote team members
- Provides purpose, motivation, and direction to members of the Engineering team
Program Management and Engineering Execution
- Work with the Product Management team to build and continuously refine the AppGuard product roadmap.
- Organizes teams and resources to deliver the product roadmap
- Works together with Project Stakeholders, Engineering Principles and Quality Assurance to establish project scope and development schedule.
- Lead engineering department’s efforts to meet aggressive timelines.
- Creates a framework to accurately size and estimate deliverables to arrive at internal & external delivery commitments
- Enables rapid response force surge capacity to address time-sensitive needs without compromising the roadmap
- Manages multiple projects and Proactively mitigates risk
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Develops the technical strategy with the CTO
- Builds and maintains the technical roadmap
- Defines and oversees consistent adoption of software development instrumentation and standards across the Engineering team
- Builds strong relationships across disciplines
- Strong presentation skills (training, pre-sales presentations), advanced skills in preparing presentations.
- Works with the Chief Financial Officer to develop the Engineering budget
- Aligns compensation and incentives with desired behaviors
- Responsible for headcount, consulting, software, equipment, and professional development costs
- Expertise in designing managing complex Excel spreadsheets and familiarity with various project management tools.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent;
- At least 8 years of experience managing commercial software development
- Desired: Experience working managing engineering teams in technology startup companies.
- Desired: Knowledge of IT security concepts, crypto algorithm, security best practices.
- Experience with coaching/mentoring engineering teams.
- At least 3 years of hands-on development experience